Hello Cottage Lovers,
As we navigate these unknown times due to the global coronavirus pandemic, we want to reach out and update you on how we at OCR are approaching the situation. Our hearts go out to anyone who has been impacted by the virus, directly or indirectly. It has been inspiring to see our communities come together, each individual doing their part to help contain the spread of the virus.
As an online business, our staff are working from home, continuing with the work required in keeping customers informed, and in doing the paperwork and duties required of a busy office. While things may be done differently during this time, please know that our team remains dedicated to treating everyone with care and respect.
While we are dealing with the COVID-19 situation, we understand that it will be important to maintain a positive outlook, while preparing for a virus-free future. With that in mind, here are several points to convey:
• Our staff are working from home for the next several weeks, or however much time is required.
• Now that our web system is automated, clients are able to book and use credit cards online with no physical need for paper.
• If you have a booking in May or June, we would prefer you change your vacation to a later date, but if not, we will give you a credit for the full amount to put toward a future booking at a date of your choice.
• Our cleaning staff have been instructed to do a thorough cleaning, and then a disinfecting (2-step system) for any cottages that require cleaning.
• In the spirit of optimism we are continuing our summer hiring. We will need summer students in the office, sales staff, and housekeeping workers. So if you are interested, please drop us a line.
• Our staff are open to a phone or email conversation about our rental management program, with a future date down the road in mind.
We implore everyone to continue physical distancing, which is critical to slowing the spread of COVID-19. Choose knowledge over fear. Please remember to be kind and support each other, especially our most vulnerable. Stay safe and healthy.
S.M. Givens, Managing Director, Ontario Cottage Rentals (OCR)