Treetops Cottage - F355
Location: Growler Lake, near West Guilford, Ontario
Treetops Cottage is nestled on fifty-six acres of wooded property on a private lake in Haliburton County. Growler Lake is known for its excellent fishing, breathtaking views and clear water. Close to the small town of West Guilford, this 4,000 sq. ft. four-bedroom, four-bathroom cottage has panoramic views of the lake and surrounding forest. Treetops Cottage is the perfect backdrop for wonderful family memories.
The main floor boasts a charming open-concept living, kitchen, and dining area. There is a beautiful wood burning fireplace and large comfortable sofas. The floor to ceiling windows, across the front of the cottage, allow natural light to flood in and offer breathtaking views. The living room opens up to the well equipped chef's kitchen with a large pantry, wine fridge, gas stove with two ovens, additional wall oven and double fridge with a freezer. The dining area has a lovely table that accommodates a large family of eight to ten people - when the leaves are inserted. From the dining area step into the screen room with comfy seating and cool treetop breezes. This room is the perfect spot for finding peace throughout the day, enjoying card games or a good book.
The main floor is also home to a handsome den with a 42' flat screen television and cozy seating. You can close the pocket door to quiet movie night so as not to disturb the rest of the home. The den can also be converted into a sleeping area where two children can comfortably share the pull-out couch. Two of the four bedrooms are on this level and beautifully decorated. One with a king bed which can be easily converted into two twins and the other containing a queen bed, large closet and master ensuite bathroom.
The front deck stretches the expanse of the cottage, approximately forty feet long with a barbecue and comfortable seating.
The lower level has a cozy, lounge area with two double leather Lazy Boy recliners, a 50' flat screened television and a craft table. the room also features a game table, perfect for puzzles and card games. There are two, good sized bedrooms with smart decor and large windows. One bedroom offers a queen sized bed and the other containing a double bed and crib. Both bedrooms have their own large bathrooms.
Step outside to a parcel of land that is nice and level, ideal for lawn games, a game of soccer or a game of catch. The kids can also enjoy the swing set and fire pit which is the ideal spot for marshmallow roasting and star gazing. There are approximately 70 stairs that lead down to a spot fondly known as the 'Sunset Dock'. It will not disappoint at dusk - or if a little quiet time is needed. A short walk along the groomed path will bring guests to the main waterfront. This area features a shallow gradual entry for children as well as a long dock -great for fishing off. The property has a remarkable 520-feet of private, waterfront to be enjoyed and explored. Growler Lake is a motorized personal watercraft (or jet ski/ seadoo) free lake which allows for a truly peaceful vacation.
Treetops Cottage is not only located on one of the most beautiful lakes in northern Ontario, it offers the perfect space for families who enjoy outdoor activities and the natural wonders of cottage country. This cottage is designed for the young as well as the young at heart.
- Only 20 minutes from the cottage is the Haliburton Forest that offers many fall activities, including:
- Hiking and walking trails are abundant in Haliburton. Trail information
- There are many ATV'ing trails in the Haliburton area. The Haliburton ATV Association operates more than 1,700kms of ATV'ing trails. Haliburton ATV Association
- Weather dependent, there are lots of activities to be done around the cottage property, including: cross country skiing, skating and snowshoeing (guests to provide their own gear).
- The Haliburton Forest is only 20 minutes from the cottage and has many winter activities, including:
- Dog Sledding Tours - home to 100 Siberian Huskies and 300kms of trails
- Ontario's Snowmobile Wonderland offers awesome snowmobiling and winter ATV'ing
- Renting Snowmobiles is available at the Haliburton Forest. Click here
- The Wolf Centre has an observatory where you can watch the wolves interact with each other in a natural environment
- The Frost Centre has approximately 25kms of groomed cross-country ski and snowshoe trails with 8 looped trails of all levels. Ski and snowshoe rentals are available. They offer half-day and full-day passes. Frost Centre Information
- Downhill Skiing is available within a half hour drive from the cottage at Sir Sam's Ski/Ride and Hidden Valley Ski Resort is under an hour from the cottage.
- Try Ice Climbing where you summit a frozen waterfall -full safety equipment and experienced guide provided with the purchase of their package.
- Outdoor Skating is available on the Head Lake Skating Trail.
**Wood stove on lower level is not available for use.
**Vacationer supplies their own linens: Sheets and pillowcases + Inside towels, kitchen towels and beach towels. Please inquire about other arrangements.
**Vacationer supplies their own life jackets.
Arrival Day Friday
Over 10 Feet Long
4 to 6 Feet Deep
10 to 20 Kilometers
Over 20 Kilometers
Pets Not Allowed
Smoking Not Allowed
Steps to Waterfront
Satellite or Cable
Surround Sound Speakers
Kitchen and Dining
Cell Phone Reception
Sports and Adventure
Cross Country Skiing
Away From It All
Family Friendly Amenities
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|Season||Period||Min. Stay||Nightly Rate||Weekly Rate|
||Main Level - King bed can be separated into two twin beds|
||Main Level - Master Bedroom, Contains Ensuite|
||Main Level - Den with pocket doors|