Terms & Conditions
A completed “Vacation Rental Agreement” is required within 24-hours to secure your reservation. The booking fee is due to hold your reservation. Review and acceptance of the Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc. Terms & Conditions which is made part of the vacation rental agreement is required, as well as the booking fee before a confirmation will be issued.
Use of Property:
The Vacationer agrees to abide and adhere to the Terms and Conditions named in this Vacation Rental Agreement:
- The number of occupants on the property shall not exceed the number stated (at any given time) in the rental application form that was submitted and accepted at the time of booking. Property insurance limits occupancy for several reasons, and it is therefore strictly prohibited to exceed the maximum number of guests allowed at the property.
- The rental property, and all furniture, appliances, equipment, fixtures and effects in or about the premises, will be maintained in the same state and condition as found at the beginning of the rental.
- Any part or portion of the property, or any part or portion of furniture, appliances, equipment, fixtures or any effects in or about the premises that are damaged or destroyed will be deducted from the security deposit and/or credit card.
- The rental property will be promptly vacated at the end of the rental period, as per the designated check-out time (10:00 a.m.), unless otherwise arranged and approved by Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., prior to the rental commencing. Late departure will result in a deduction from the security deposit.
- Any damage(s) or concern(s) discovered upon arrival to the rental property shall be documented and reported immediately to Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc.. Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc. strongly encourages all Vacationers to conduct their own survey/assessment of the rental upon arrival.
- Any problems, deficiencies or complaints with the rental property shall be communicated immediately, with photos provided. Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., cannot carry out a proper inquiry without reasonable grounds or reasonable time to provide a thorough investigation before the end of the rental duration.
- All cottage rental rules must be followed. If the Vacationer, or a member of the Vacationer’s group violates said rules, the following may apply:
1) A forfeit of security deposit (portion or full) at the discretion of Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., if a violation results in: a complaint from a neighbour, illegal activity resulting in police involvement, or if the rental property is left in an unacceptable state, which includes but is not limited to: garbage not disposed of properly, alcohol containers/cigarette butts uncollected, burns and stains.
- Ontario Cottage Rental Staff, approved service providers, and/or the Owner(s) shall be allowed reasonable access to the rental in the event of a problem or major disruption where repair or attention is required.
- All laws and bylaws must be followed at all times. It is the Vacationer’s responsibility to be informed, especially with noise and fire regulations, licensing and operation.
2) at an approved Municipality landfill or transfer station or
3) by taking it home at departure.
- Vacationers are prohibited from smoking inside the rental property, tobacco or otherwise, and are required to ensure all cigarette butts are properly extinguished and disposed of in the garbage safely. Failure to comply will result in a deduction or loss of the security deposit and/or a charge to the credit card.
- The use of tents, travel trailers and mobile homes are prohibited on the rental property.
- Vacationers must park in the designated spaces provided. Parking on lawns, in other neighbouring driveways or on septic beds is strictly prohibited.
- Vacationers who have booked a pet-friendly rental must agree and sign Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., Pet Waiver.
- Vacationers are required by law to have a lifejacket or PFD (Personal Flotation Device) on board for each person on a watercraft . This includes human-powered craft.
33% of the balance is due immediately (payments made with credit card are subject to a 2% convenience fee).
67% of the final balance is due, no later than five months before the beginning of the rental.
*If the beginning of the rental is less than one month from the booking date, all payments are due in full immediately.
iv. Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc. will hold all bookings as reserved. Final payment is due five months before arrival date, if 48 hours after this date, the payment has not been received, the booking will be cancelled.
Payments can be made using one of the following methods:
1) Payment to Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc. through ONLINE BANKING. This payment method is available in the same way you would pay your Bell or Hydro One bill online.
Log into your Online Banking Account. / Select: Pay Bill. / Select: Add Payee. / Type: Ontario Cottage Rentals. / Account #: your customer number which is listed at the top of this Vacation Rental Agreement.
This is available to those who do online banking at:
BMO-Bank of Montreal;
RBC-Royal Bank of Canada;
CIBC-Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
*Feel free to phone us at 1-877-788-1809 if you have any questions about the online method of payment.
2) A CERTIFIED CHEQUE OR MONEY ORDER in Canadian funds payable to Ontario Cottage Rentals, mailed or couriered to our office, at: Ontario Cottage Rentals, 6 Main St. W, Suite #2, Huntsville, Ontario P1H 2E1
3) Payment by Visa or Mastercard, with a convenience fee of 3% of the amount.
v. A refundable Security Deposit is required. The Security Deposit is taken and held in trust until an inspection of the rental property can be completed, after check-out, to confirm that there is no loss or damage. Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., will release the Security Deposit via cheque in the mail, unless otherwise arranged and approved by Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc.
2) If the Vacationer a) fails to pay the balance of the rental by the time specified.
* In the event that the booking is cancelled, Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., without being obliged to do so, may attempt to rebook the property.
- If the booking is cancelled more than one month before the booking date, the Vacationer is refunded all monies, less the 15% non-refundable booking fee.
- If the booking is less than one month, the Vacationer is refunded all monies, less the 15% non-refundable booking fee, IF the cottage is rebooked. If the cottage is not rebooked, there will be no refund.
i. Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., shall be entitled to collect from the Vacationer a returnable deposit as security for the undertaking of the rental. The Security Deposit can be fully forfeited should the Vacationer violate the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Agreement.
ii. Accidental Damage Insurance covers any small unintentional damages that occur during the period of the rental. The Vacationer may be asked about the circumstances around the damage.
iii. Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., reserves the right to be the final arbiter in any malicious damage claims made by the Owner(s), and to determine the amount of any full or partial payment to the owner(s) made from this deposit.
iv. The Vacationer shall be solely responsible for any and all malicious damages caused, long distance phone or internet charges incurred, regardless of which Vacationer caused or incurred the damage or charges and why, during the rental period.
v. The Vacationer shall advise Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., immediately of any problems, deficiencies or concerns with the rental property, and is encouraged to document such issues to avoid penalty. Additionally, Vacationers must also disclose any concerns or damage, should anything arise during the rental period.
vi. The Vacationer shall not exceed the maximum occupancy of the rental property, or exceed the number stated in the rental application form that was submitted and approved. Failure to comply will result in forfeit of the security deposit.
Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc.:
- Acts solely as an agent for the Owner(s) of the cottage and assumes no responsibility, and gives no warranty whatsoever as to the state of the property. Information provided by Ontario Cottages Rentals Inc. or the Owner(s), online or in print, is true and accurate at the time of publication. Changes may occur at any time and Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc. will not be liable for changes or inconvenience.
- Accepts no liability for any act, neglect or default, on the part of the Owner(s), or any other person.
- Accepts no liability for any loss, damage, expense, accident, injury or inconvenience, whether to personal or property.
- Shall not be responsible for death, personal injury or loss of any kind, no matter the cause, which are incurred by any, or all, of the Vacationers, or their pets, who are on the premises of the rental property during the rental period.
- Shall not be responsible for interruptions that may impede Vacationers’ cottage rental experience, such as, but not limited to: construction noise, inclement weather, hydro outages, theft, allergies, noise violations and traffic during the rental period.
- Agrees to read, understand and adhere to the Terms and Conditions outlined in this Vacation Rental Agreement provided by Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., on behalf of the Owner(s).
- Agrees to accept all potential risks associated with a cottage rental, including, but not limited to: slips, trips, falls; indoor and outdoor activities; native insects and wildlife, recreational equipment operation, or any other risks not stated, are the sole responsibility of the Vacationer.
- Agrees to take precautionary measures to reduce risks and prevent accident, injury or property damage.
- Agrees to abide by any reasonable household rules posted at the cottage.
- Agrees to inform all members of their party to be familiar with all Terms and Conditions pertaining to the rental.
ii. Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., is committed to providing exceptional service and professional integrity. Cottage rental management services require collection of personal and property information, both from Owner(s) and Vacationers.