Use of Property
The Vacationer agrees to
- The number of occupants on the property shall not exceed the number stated (at any given time) in the rental application form that was submitted and accepted at the time of booking. Property insurance limits occupancy for several reasons, and it is therefore strictly prohibited to exceed the maximum number of guests allowed at the property.
- The rental property, and all furniture, appliances, equipment, fixtures
andeffects in or about the premises, will be maintained in the same state and condition as found at the beginning of the rental.
- Any part or portion of the
property,or any part or portion of furniture, appliances, equipment, fixtures or any effects in or about the premises that are damaged or destroyed will be deducted from the security deposit and/or credit card.
- The rental property will be promptly vacated at the end of the rental period, as per the designated check-out time (10:00 a.m.), unless otherwise arranged and approved by Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., prior to the rental commencing. Late departure may result in a deduction from the security deposit.
- Any damage(s) or concern(s) discovered upon arrival to the rental property shall be documented and reported immediately to Ontario Cottage Rentals
Inc..Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc.,strongly encourages all Vacationers to conduct their own survey/assessment of the rental upon arrival.
- Any problems, deficiencies or complaints with the rental property shall be communicated immediately, with photos provided. Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., cannot carry out a proper inquiry without reasonable grounds or reasonable time to provide a thorough investigation before the end of the rental duration.
- All cottage rental rules must be followed. If the
Vacationer,or a member of the Vacationer’s group violates said rules, the following may apply:
- A forfeit of security deposit (portion or full) at the discretion of Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., if a violation results in: a complaint from a neighbour, illegal activity resulting in police involvement, or if the rental property is left in an unacceptable state, which includes but is not limited to: garbage not disposed of properly, alcohol containers/cigarette butts uncollected, and stains.
- Guests may be asked to vacate the premises if
is problematic, which includes but is not limited to; environmental or wildlife endangerment, threatening or abusive behaviour behaviourresulting in bodily harm, excessive noise or property damage, or exceeding guestmaximum.
- Ontario Cottage Rental
Staff,approved service providers, and/or the Owner(s) shall be allowed reasonable access to the rental in the event of a problem or major disruption where repair or attention is required.
- All laws and bylaws must be followed at all times. It is the Vacationer’s responsibility to be informed, especially with noise and fire regulations, licensing and operation.
- Vacationers are not to leave garbage outside as this could attract wildlife and compromise safety.
Vacationersmust properly dispose of all garbage and recycling:
- on a designated collection day;
- at an approved Municipality landfill or transfer station;
- by taking garbage home at departure.
- Vacationers are prohibited from smoking inside the rental property, tobacco or otherwise, and are required to ensure all cigarette butts are properly extinguished and disposed of in the garbage safely. Failure to comply will result in a
deductionor loss of the security deposit and/or a charge to the credit card.
- The use of tents, travel trailers and mobile homes are prohibited on the rental property.
- Vacationers must park in the designated spaces provided. Parking on lawns, in other
neighbouringdriveways or on septic beds is strictly prohibited.
- Vacationers who have booked a pet-friendly rental must agree and sign Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., Pet Waiver.
- Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., will process and handle each application as quickly as possible;
howeverOntario Cottage Rentals Inc. cannot guarantee the acceptance of any particular application.
- Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., requires a non-refundable booking fee (with credit card), at the time of reservation to secure the rental. The Vacationer becomes liable for the balance remaining for the full period of the named rental.
- Ontario Cottage Rentals
Inc.,will hold all bookings, as reserved, for five business days of the initial booking. During that time, Vacationers must complete and sign (online) the Rental Agreement. If after five business days the payment has not been received, the booking will be cancelled.
Ontario Cottage Rentals
- If the Vacationer provides written notification of cancellation;
- If the Vacationer a) fails to pay the balance of the rental by the time specified, b) in the event that the booking is
cancelled, Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., without being obliged to do so, may attempt to rebook the property.
- If the booking is
cancelledmore than one month before the booking date, the Vacationer is refunded all monies, less the 13% non-refundable booking fee.
- If the booking is less than one month, the Vacationer is refunded all monies, less the 13% non-refundable booking fee, IF the cottage is
rebooked. If the cottage has not been rebooked, there will be no refund.
- If the rental property has been damaged by unforeseen circumstances, such as fire or flood, or acts of nature, and has been deemed “not rentable”.
- If the property has been subject to
powerof sale action, Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc.,will make every effort to find another suitable alternative rental for the rental period. In the event that Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., is unable to find another option, the agreement shall become null and void and all payments will be refunded to the Vacationer.
- If there are inconveniences during the cottage rental due to appliance failure, technical difficulties or hydro disruptions/outages, no refunds or discounts will be given. Ontario Cottage Rentals
Inc.,will make every effort to assist and solve these problems within reasonable means.
- If there is a violation of the Terms and Conditions by all or some Vacationers, Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., reserves the right to refuse entry to the rental premises. Ontario Cottage Rentals
Inc.,has zero tolerance for infringement of the Rental Agreement; including, but not limited to aggressive and unruly behaviour, and will not provide a refund.
Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc.:
- Acts solely as an agent for the Owner of the cottage and assumes no
responsibility,and gives no warranty whatsoever as to the state of the property. Information provided by Ontario Cottages Rentals Inc. or the Owner, online or in print, is true and accurate at the time of publication. Changes may occur at any time and Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc. will not be liable for changes or inconvenience.
- Accepts no liability for any act, neglect or default, on the part of the Owner, or any other person.
- Accepts no liability for any loss, damage, expense, accident, injury or inconvenience, whether to
- Shall not be responsible for
death, personal injury or loss of any kind, no matter the cause, which are incurred by any, or all, of the Vacationers, or their pets, who are on the premises of the rental property during the rental period.
- Shall not be responsible for interruptions that may impede Vacationers' cottage rental experience, such as, but not limited
to:construction noise, inclement weather, hydro outages, theft, allergies, noise violations andtraffic during the rental period.
- Agrees to read, understand and adhere
withthe Terms and Conditions outlined in this Rental Agreement provided by Ontario Cottage Rentals Inc., on behalf of the Owner.
- Agrees to accept all potential risks associated with a cottage rental, including, but not limited to: slips, trips, falls; indoor and outdoor activities; native insects and wildlife, recreational equipment operation, or any other risks not stated, are the sole responsibility of the Vacationer.
- Agrees to take precautionary measures to reduce risks and prevent accident, injury or property damage.
- Agrees to abide by any reasonable household rules posted at the cottage.
- Agrees to inform all members of their party to be familiar with all Terms and Conditions pertaining to the rental.